Potato fritters are a childhood thing for me. Much like savory burger days, this was a weekend breakfast classic. It has a delicate flavor you would normally associate with zucchini, pumpkin and sweet potato. It definitely is a comfort food, right up there with potato, pumpkin, sweet potato and zucchini colorful hash, maybe (Zucchini-Sweet-potatoes And Pumpkin-Fritters).
(Zucchini, Sweet potatoes And Pumpkin Fritters absolutely amazing in taste and much better than lentil and mushroom hash. If you want ( weight lose) I would recommend, you should try this recipe in your kitchen.)
With the difference that this one is super healthy fritters. Packed with fiber and nutrition. You don’t have to restrict it to a breakfast either. It works well for every meal with salad.
In my childhood days, mom made this with eggs. My version, on the other hand, is vegan and vegetarian. One of the surprises after becoming a vegetarian was breaking down of many of the assumptions about cooking.
Vegetarian cooking could be super challenging. Like the assumption that egg, consider as binding agent. In many cases, that’s not true. I have replaced the egg with chickpea flour. Also potato contains starch, it will help to bind the fritters together.
Zucchini-Sweet- potatoes,Pumpkin-Fritters stays moist inside and cooked through. Which is the best part, otherwise the fritters goes dry and tasteless. You can eat this vegetarian fritters in various ways.
1: Eat as it is with tomato chutney.
2: Wrap inside the Mountain bread with yoghurt.
3: Break it down in the salad
- 1 Zucchini (Grated)
- 2 washed big potatoes (Grated)
- ⅓ pumpkin (peeled and Grated)
- 2 washed sweet potatoes (Grated)
- A small knob of ginger, grated
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 200 ml coconut oil
- 10gm Nigella seeds
- 100 GM chickpea flour
- 1 green chili (OPTIONAL)
- Seasoning (Himalayan salt and cracked pepper)
- Combine all the grated vegetables in the big steel bowl. (Do not peel the skin off, Its give you extra flavor.)
- Add seasoning, Nigella seed, chickpea flour and give a nice mix. Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Place the oil in the medium hot pan. Let it heat up.
- Make palm size burgers with the veggie mix.
- Spread all over the pan. Keep an eye on it.
- Leave it for 5 minutes each side. Until golden brown.
- Once ready take it out one by one and serve it hot.
Sharing is caring