START A FOOD BLOG Today
Let me Guess: You love to Cook and share your knowledge with the world. And you love reading Recipes and Food Blogs.
Can I guess one more thing? People keep telling you that you should start a blog, and you’ve thought about combining your love of food and your love of blogs as a place to share your recipes.
Don’t Wait Or Procrastinate. Today is your day to start a food blog!
Put things on hold for the next 18 minutes and follow the three steps below. You’ll be able to up and running with your own food blog before you even know it.
Just Do It!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. I have used all of the products listed below and recommend them because they are helpful and are companies that I trust.
Start A Food Blog Today
THE THREE STEPS (18 minutes Guide) TO FOOD BLOG WORLD:
- Domain Name and Hosting
- Installing WordPress
- Making it Attractive
1: DOMAIN NAME AND HOSTING
This part is interesting!
What do you want your domain name to be?
Mine is (healthydietstrend.com). Here’s what worked for us –> Brainstorm as many different ideas as possible. Once you’ve thought of some possible names, head to Hostgator to see if your domain name is available by entering it in the box that looks like this:
If you’re asked to pick your plan level I’d suggest theHatchling Plan or Baby Plan, It’s quite affordable only $6.36 per Month and you can add unlimited Domain which will save you quite a bit of cash. See the Picture Below…
You’ll also need to host your domain name. Hosting is like renting space on the web to display your blog. Hostgator has great rates and Web hosting features are value for money. Once you have signed up with Hostgator you will receive an email with all information. Which you need for the next step.
Free with each Hosting Plan
- Free Weebly SiteBuilder and Website Building Tools
- 4,500 Free Website Templates (View Website Templates)
- Free Website Transfer, Domain Transfer, MySQL Transfer, Script Transfer (Details)
- 52 Free scripts can be instantly installed on your account with a few clicks
- $100Google Adwords Offer (Details)
You know how I love a good deal! And Lets go Green Today
Green Web Hosting
- Hostgator has invested in Wind Energy to help offset server emissions
- Climate Friendly, Wind Powered, Certified RECs
- HostGator purchases certified Renewable Energy Credits (REC’s)
2) INSTALLING WORDPRESS
Once you’ve completed registration with Hostgator you’ll need to go through the process of installing WordPress.
WordPress is a blogging software. It’s the software that I use for healthydietstrend.com. The best part is that it’s EXTREMELY easy to use and it’s also SUPER easy to install on your website. BINGO.
Login To Hostgator and find the Software/Services section. Click on the Fantastico De Luxe logo (Smiley Face).
Fantastico De Luxe
On the next page, click the “WORDPRESS” button in the “Do it yourself FREE” section.
Fill the form & Press Install WordPress button.
Write down your Admin URL, Username, and Password. You can change these to something, which you can remember easily, but you’ll need them for your first time logging in. Once “Your install is complete!”
Click Finish Installation.
Type your URL into your web browser/wp-admin. You’ll see a login screen like the one below. Enter your Username and Password you copied down from the previous step.
Congratulation!!! You’ve officially logged into your blog.
3) MAKING IT, Attractive
At this point, you officially have your own food blog!Hurrraayyy!
How does it feel right now?
Welcome to the Blogging world, My friend!
You’re a couple of minutes away from sharing your famous salad, cakes, Choco chips -marshmallow cookies recipe with the world.
(SHARE WITH ME ALL OF THEM).
Before you jump into the kitchen there are a few things you can do to make your blog Attractive. It’s time to pick your theme! WordPress has tons of free WordPress themes to pick from. You can scan through the options here . If you’re looking for a premium theme, check out these options:
- Elegant Themes– I think Elegant Themes are another great option to look great and easy to use Theme, and has quite a few different features. It’s also a bit cheaper than the other premium themes listed here. Browse around and pick one you like most.
- StudioPress Theme – Foodie Pro Theme with (Theme + Genesis Framework) This is the current Theme & framework we’re using with Healthy Diets Trend. You’ll also want to look into the available The Genesis Framework
- Theme forest – Theme is fantastic and easy to use. We loved it and still highly recommend it.
Walla Your Food Blog Ready To Rock & Roll. Pat and Treat yourself because you Deserve it.
Eat Healthy Stay Healthy