Time flies Easter again. I came from work last night and I decided to do minimum as possible for Easter.(I’m being completely honest here.)
I’m very lucky here in Melbourne. Beautiful weather today and I want to enjoy the sun in my backyard. All my friends went away for a long weekend and I only have myself to think about, I make whatever my little heart desires. There’s nearly always chili involved and if I have leftover cooked grains from the night before, they go in too.
In my kitchen I have a small pantry with one cupboard. Which is where I store all my dry supplies, you know… Sacks of rice, bags of dried beans and my preserves from last summer. That kind of thing And of course Coconut Oil (The Healthiest oil on the planet).
I came across my fridge 3 green chilies. I thought I’d already used the last of them, so you can imagine my surprise when I move veggies reveal one of my all-time favorite things.
Naturally, they had to star in my lunch. With some leftover quinoa from last night in the fridge, a little bit of cauliflower, loads of mint, kale from the garden and lemon,bell pepper from the markets, this salad was invented. I promise, this salad is absolutely delicious and also it help lose weight.
- 100 gm Quinoa
- ¼ Washed Cauliflower florets (Broken into small florets)
- 2 leaves of washed and roughly cut Kale.
- Himalayan salt and Black Pepper.
- 1 Lemon juice and zest
- 2 Bell pepper, sliced .
- ½ bunch of picked Mint
- 1 Thinly Sliced Sweet Potato
- 100 ml Coconut oil
- Wash the Quinoa with cold water.
- Boil the water with salt. Once the water is starts to boil add washed Quinoa.
- Let the Quinoa cook for 14 minutes.
- Once Quinoa is cooked pass through strainer ( Keep the hot water)and run cold water. Let it drain for at least 8 minutes.
- Place Cauliflower florets into the hot water for 10 minutes then take it out.
- Add all the ingredients in the big steel bowl and mix it gently.
- Sweet Potato Crisp:
- Heat the oil in the pan to (moderate heat).
- Place thinly sliced sweet potato ( Half batch) to the pan. Stir it until crisp.
- Place the Sweet potato crisp on the paper towel to get rid of the excess oil.
- Cook full batch in 2 separate time.