Beginning of winter and it seems the perfect time to cook creamy Macaroni pasta to the table. It has sun-dried tomatoes and lots of radishes, but this creamy vegetarian pasta is anything but not boring :). In fact is yummy and super tasty.
Macaroni With Sun Dried Tomato And Radish
Now you can use just about any pasta you want, but I would say try macaroni, you gonna fall in love with it. Just use half of the 500 gm packet, which is usually half a box.
I have chopped sun-dried tomatoes.Once you start sauteing it, you’ll get this lovely aroma. So don’t stick your nose close to pan :).I used about half a cup of chopped sun-dried tomatoes but if you want to add more, feel free. Get it to your taste, this recipe is very versatile, you can twist according to your taste.
Add more water to add some volume to the cream sauce which is mostly just heavy cream and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
If you like these photos, here is the photography class. 🙂
I roughly cut the radish into quarters. You don’t want to cook radish all the way through. It’s always good when crunchy. The radish will add bit kick to your macaroni because it’s peppery taste.
As usual, I’ll ask you favor, on using freshly grated Parmesan cheese so it’ll melt well in the cream sauce. The pre-shredded stuff just won’t melt as beautifully. So buy a block of Parmesan and use any grater you have handy. I love my micro plane for grating, it’s one my favourite tool. It makes grating so much easier.
You can also add any fresh herbs to give your last magic touch. If you want a little more kick, there’s also the option to add in some fresh chilli.
Now this is a vegetarian Macaroni pasta but if you want to convert it to non-vegetarian just simply add protein.Season with Himalayan salt and lemon fresh zest.
I know, it is a bit out of topic, but I always recommend practice Yoga 3 times a week 🙂
- 250 gm Macaroni Pasta
- 3 Brunoise shallots
- 250 gm chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 5 radish cut into quarters
- Block of Parmesan cheese
- 1 sprig finely chopped rosemary
- 100 ml coconut oil.
- 300 gm double cream
- Add water as per your requirement.
- Seasoning ( Himalayan salt and cracked the black pepper).
- 1 Lemon zest and juice.
- Boil water with a pinch of salt. Once water start boiling, add Macaroni pasta for 10 minutes.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain all the water and run cold water through over.
- Add oil to the medium hot pan. Let it melt.
- Sautee sundried in the pan.
- Add brunoise shallots stir it for 10 sec, do not let it burn.
- Add Pasta, stir with sundried tomato and shallots. it will give extra flavor.
- Add cream mix it well and let it reduce a bit.
- Add bit of water if you want to.
- Seasoning and taste all the time.
- Finish with lemon zest and juice.
- Grate parmesan cheese. serve it.