These pan-fried Avocado dip gnocchi are like little goddess! The traditional gnocchi made with potatoes, Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, eggs and flour. This mixture gives delicate texture. Delicate in flavor and dressed simply with olive oil and marjoram herbs, lemon zest and a shaved of Parmesan cheese, I’ve got to say that this is one of my favorite dishes I’ve made – And it’s perfect for vegetarian!
Needless to say, I’ have not made gnocchi for ages. So the dishes that I have prepared (Avocado dip Gnocchi and top of that Marjoram herb). One of my favorite herb. I’ve found a new energy for trying more intimidating recipes.
Avocado Dip Gnocchi with Marjoram
Gnocchi has always been a dish that seems a bit labor intensive. But trust me, it’s really simple, It’s no more difficult than making a loaf of bread.
The most difficult part of this recipe is getting your dough to just the right, workable texture.
It can’t be too sticky, but you don’t want it to get too dense either. It’s a bit tricky game.
So, we add the flour little by little, until it feels just right. Then, the dough is rolled into snake-like figures and cut into 3/4″ pieces. I skip adding ridges to the gnocchi, because once they’re cooked, they tend to disappear anyway. Once you’ve reached this point, it’s smooth sailing.
Cook the gnocchi in boiling water until they float to the surface. To finish, we’ll simply brown each side of the gnocchi in a sizzling hot pan with olive oil, Seasoning with Himalayan salt and peppers. Add Avocado Dip and a bit water to make sauce. Top these bad boys 🙂 with additional Parmesan cheese, marjoram and lemon juice, zest.
- 4 medium Sebago potatoes (Just under 2 lbs)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp Himalayan salt and cracked pepper
- 150 gm flour
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 1 bunch Marjoram half chopped
- 100 gm Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon
- 4 Radish cut into quarters
- 80 ml coconut oil
- Place unpeeled potatoes, pierced multiple times with a fork (allows moisture to escape and cook faster), in the oven and bake at 250 degrees until done (45 minutes). Check it.
- Once cooked, let cool long enough to handle.
- Cut Potatoes into half and scoop out all the flesh, then finely grate or break it with fork. (Work with potato while warm).
- Place potatoes in a bowl with flour,chopped marjoram,nutmeg and seasoning. Stir in egg and 2 tsp of salt (ensure potatoes are not too hot otherwise it will cook the egg). Add all the ingredients and work gently and make nice and soft dough.
- If you need more flour, add bit by bit. Flour amounts will vary, though, try to use as little as possible to create a firm dough.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface; knead lightly Make snake and cut 1 inch by 1 inch.
- Press lightly with floured fork to shape, or leave as it is.
- Cook gnocchi in boiling water until it floats, about 2 minutes. It is then done.
- Cooking Process:
- Cook the gnocchi in boiling water until they float to the surface.
- To finish, we’ll simply brown each side of the gnocchi in a sizzling hot pan with olive oil, Seasoning with Himalayan salt and peppers.
- Add radish and toss it.
- Add Avocado Dip and bit of water to make sauce.Top these bad boys 🙂 with additional Parmesan cheese, marjoram and lemon juice,zest.
Sharing Is Caring